Friday, October 16, 2015

Friday with few things to talk about

Michigan is officially cold. Like get your winter jackets out cold. I know it will happen every year, but those first couple days are quite a shocker. My little sidekick will be sporting her winter jacket on Monday for school. BUURRR.


We tried these Thursday night. They were a root vegetable medley. Not bad.  (steamed in my papered chef veggie steamer, microwave style.)


Also tried come creamy potato flakes for an easy and quick side dish. I used soy milk, and they turned out AMAZING! 


This morning's breakfast was GF chex maple and brown sugar oatmeal w/ a tsp of chia seeds. This combo is just a delightful little bowl on a cold Michigan morning! 


I have a love affair with peanut butter. But the calories and fat...ugh. So I thought I would pick this little buddy up at the store today. PB2 w chocolate. I thought 1) might be fun to put in my pumpkin smoothie (because well I love chocolate and pumpkin together).  Until I read this and this is why I don't try new things.. but I get it, it makes sense:  Source Foodbabe.com


      • PB2 Is Not Whole Real Food – When I talk about the foods I eat, I tell people I want to choose the most nutrient dense foods on the planet and PB2 is just not one of them. The beauty of a peanut is that it contains all of the nutrients nature intended. It has a healthy dose of fat, protein and vitamins.  PB2 extracts almost all of the essential monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, leaching the vitamin E content which is fat soluble, therefore reducing the nutritional content of the whole food. The fat is what keeps you satisfied and reduces cravings making just a tablespoon of real peanut butter so satisfying. This powdered form looks pretty clean when you review the ingredients, but it’s just another way for manufacturers to trick you into thinking less calories is better for you. They have to add a mixture of sugar and salt into the powder to make it taste better without the fat. I know I’d rather have the fat vs. the sugar and salt!

      • PB2 Is Not Organic – Conventional peanuts are some of the most heavily sprayed crops ever. The amount of toxic pesticides sprayed on peanuts is suspected to have caused the increase in peanut allergies.  As you know, peanuts have a very thin and porous outer layer and shell that allows toxins in easily. These toxins are not something you can wash off. Remember increased exposure to pesticides are linked to birth defects, nerve damage and cancer. The President’s Cancer Panel has urged us not to consume food sprayed with pesticides and doesn’t believe any amount is safe. 




The tooth fairy might be heading to our house soon. But we are prepared. How cute is this seriously!?
Esty: by https://www.etsy.com/shop/Mimisartistree. Love the personalizing :)


So I left my house and headed to a Panera lunch with my sister. I left a sunny sky and drove to this. And then it started to hail while we ate. 


I am trying a new thing. We are reducing the amount of meat we eat. My husband and I talked a little (a lot) about going plant based. If you've ever watched Food Inc, like us it  might make you get on the no meat boat. I highly recommend you watch it. Another good one fork over knives. Netflix is a wonderful place to find fabulous documentaries. :) Let me know if you ever watch them what you think, I'd love to hear your input! 


Plus It shows all the stuff it doesn't have! :) 


October decorations are up. I don't have a ton because well...I need more, for like all holidays to be exact. I loved this Give Thanks. Because its the truth. We should give thanks and be thankful about all we have. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love the family time minus the pressure of presents.  


This was just cute. 


I hope you are having a wonderful week and a great weekend ahead of you. 

-What are your plans for your weekend? Do you decorate for each holiday?

No comments:

Post a Comment