Wednesday, October 21, 2015

how do you handle halloween candy?

I ran across this post on Foodbabe.com. She is a really fascinating person and I love her passion. It maked me want to be a better person and mother! I buy candy because well i'm just handing it out. But it's not okay and after reading this I realize that. It's funny because I have a ton of food allergies and try to shield my sidekick from them but didn't think twice about getting her a bag of kit kat's and snickers a few weeks ago. NOT OKAY! I need to do a better job, for her. Because keeping her happy and healthy is my #1 mission!! 

Let me know your thought on this post. 

*Does this change your mind set about Halloween? Or the candy you buy?  


It’s time for us to rethink how we do Halloween and stop buying these “treats” that aren’t doing anyone any favors!

There’s a way to celebrate Halloween and still have a fun time without GMOs and controversial food additives. While these alternatives below aren’t all perfect and not something I recommend eating on a regular basis (it’s candy!)… these options are way, way better than conventional Halloween treats, and you can find them at many natural foods grocery stores or online here:
Non-GMO Halloween Candy Swaps
Until we successfully vote with our dollars by choosing products like these instead, stores are going to continue stockpiling their shelves with “fun size” packets of sweet additive-laden GMOs for parents to hand out to children on Halloween night.

No comments:

Post a Comment