Tuesday, October 27, 2015

morning miles, colorful meals and randomness

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week. Sorry this is a day behind. This week is literally crazy and I am doing my best. :)

First part..randomness theses grapes are crazy good! I've bough them for the last few weeks anticipating one week them to be blah, they have not disappointed! YUM!! 


Friday I was feeling awful. I don't know why. I woke up in the middle of the night with a terrible headache that never went away. It was so bad that while I was getting my sidekick ready for school I vomited..twice. yuck! After dropping her off I came home with intentions to lay down, but instead I rested a whole 2 minutes then got into the shower. Sometimes just telling myself I'm going to feel better helps me get out of my head and done with the pity party I might be having. After doing my Friday errands I went for a walk, the cool air is just what I needed, 



This tree is so bright red! It's beautiful.


Is it weird I'd like to pick leaves, I don't know what I want to do with them, they are just so pretty. :)


My favorite fall leaves..two toned.


Friday night I had no intention of cooking dinner even after getting groceries earlier. We went to "El Taco" ie the authentic Mexican restaurant that has awesome taco's! Then we went to Yogurt Yeti...delicious!! :) 


I worked all weekend..not much in regards to that, because it was a long and hard weekend. It was finished with a malibu and orange juice or two but who's counting. This cocktail is better with pineapple juice but oj will work! 


Monday morning....just gorgeous. I wanted to get a quick walk in before I had to buckle down and get some major errands done.  3 miles, and there was frost and deer and sunshine :)


Then I met my husband for lunch. That was an added bonus :) Panera (his first time ) I got my usual squash soup and 1/2 kale power salad) 12 WW pts. It did not disappoint. He was equally impressed my his lunch, bean soup and a southwest panini.



I stopped at Barnes and Nobles to just wonder around for about 20 mins. I then realized all the books I kept picking up I had in my amazon cart for 3/4 the price. I came home and bought 5 books. :)


I snacked on this and some tortilla chips. This is my favorite hummus. Made with simple ingredients like you would make at home if you had the extra time, which I don't. :)


Monday nights dinner, zucchini spaghetti. 4 organic zucchini's rinsed and scrubbed.


Then twisted in the veggetti makers. 


4 made (what I thought) was a lot of "noodles"


Into the pan to saute with coconut oil til tender. 


This time I drained. Then topped with spaghetti sauce. (I missed the final product picture..again..sorry) My husband liked it, my sidekick didn't and I ended up giving myself all the green peel which wasn't too appetizing.  It's a work in progress, just like everything in life! 


*Have you ever used a veggetti maker?
-If so do you make anything other then zucchini? I'd love more ideas!! :)

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment