Monday, October 19, 2015

weekend work, monday sickness, and some pumpkin tossed in

This weekend I worked both Saturday and Sunday all day at my clinics urgent care. We are a 7 day a week practice and the weekends we don't see routine things. We saw everything from back issues to a hit by car (he's doing good despite what happened).

But I am getting a head of myself. Friday night I made a new gluten free pizza ( see Fridays blog for that) the end result look and tasted pretty darn good!



The sunrises have been beautiful. This was Saturday mornings sunrise on my way to work.



Then on the way home I stopped by the store because the Udi GF bread I really like was on sale so I stocked up. Other people's freezers look like this too...right?


And the sunset and the clouds looks pretty incredible.


Sunday morning I woke up early and got the ingredients around for pumpkin pancakes. I haven't made these since going gluten free back in December. I modified for a GF recipe. 


The eggs need to be separated and I have this cool little device (pampered chef) that does it for you..so cool. 


Pumpkin pancake batter.


End product. I used coconut oil instead of butter and powdered sugar instead of syrup which is not a change from the original recipe, its just a bit too sweet with syrup. (in my opinion).


Here is the recipe:
  • 2 c. all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 c sugar
  • 1 heaping tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 7.5 oz canned pumpkin
  • 3/4 c milk
  • 4 eggs separated
Stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Combine the pumpkin, egg yolks and milk in another bowl. Make a well in the dry ingredients pour the wet ingredients into the well and mix until combined. 

To make GF:
  • 2 c. GF flour instead of all-purpose. The rest is the same. (I like Pillsbury gluten free flour its rice flour that already has the Xanthan Gum in it, so no need to buy that separately)
This recipe make a ton of pancakes. like 12-14. They heat up really well for breakfast the next couple of days. :) YUM! 

*Tell me what you think about the pancakes, I'd love to hear. 

This morning was suppose to be a workout out after I dropped Peyton off at school, but my little sidekick is sick so between getting sick...we are camped out on the sofa. I hope she gets ton of rest so she is back to herself tomorrow. I am trying all the tricks in the book to get her better, mama's on a mission. :)


Have a wonderful and healthy day, I will be sedentary most of the day.






No comments:

Post a Comment